Throughout my career I have been a trainer in formal and informal on-the-job settings. My initial degree was in Science Education and I started my working life as a teacher in a girl’s government high school in Barbados through Canadian CUSO. I have taught everything from music and movement to pre-school children, nature and life skills to girl guides in Canada and Barbados and English as a second language to museum workers in Indonesia. In Papua New Guinea I taught library skills in a police training college.
I have worked with Interns and staff with on the job training on Internet technologies, film planning and production management and marketing and business development. I have taught how to use computers and software application user specifications in Hawaii, Indonesia, Canada and Pakistan. I have trained individuals on information systems management in Hawaii, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, USA and Pakistan.
I present workshops and seminars for professional groups and nonprofit managers on film planning, planning Internet strategies, marketing and communications tools and techniques, film distribution and fund development.
Film and Media Topics
- NGO Film Planning and Strategy
- Using films for advocacy
- How to fund your film
- Using films for fundraising
- Film as a part of a communications strategy
- Basic training in planning, shooting and editing a film
- Internet strategy and planning for nonprofits
- Email Newsletters for effective communications
- Internet Marketing methods
- Planning for Ecommerce
- Training for effective use of Internet management
- Using Facebook for your organization – how to get started
- How to use your LinkedIN page for networking
- How to build traffic to your website
- Online social networking
- Workshops and seminars for executive level, mangers and volunteers working with nonprofits
- Meetings of associations and organizations, business groups, professional groups
- Online training through webinars
Contact me if you are interested in training for your group or to learn of trainings
Workshops and Training
- Communications and Social Media. Coady International Institute. June 3-14, 2013.
- Social Media training: Facebook, Twitter, LInkedIN, and more. Small Business Week Antigonish. October 19, 2012.
- Filmmaking Workshop. At the Antigonish International Film Festival. October 23, 2012.
- Internet Strategies for Artists. Location the People’s Place, Antigonish. November 5, 2012.
- Community Snapshot. Photography and video workshops for Indigenous Women Community Leadership Programme. Coady International Institute, May, 2012
- Internet Strategies. Global Change Leaders, Coady International Institute. May 16-17, 2012
- Communications and Social Media. Coady International Institute, Certificate programme. June 4 – 15, 2012
- Communications Skill Building (Video). Coady International Institute, Diploma programme. Sept, Nov, 2012